WINE AND WORLD HERITAGE
We propose that you carry out the Wine and World Heritage itinerary through Eurovelo 1, a proposal that we offer the traveler to combine the fascinating World of Wine with a total of 6 Certified Wine Routes in the itinerary, with knowledge of the 8 Goods World Heritage and his passion for cycling.
CERTIFIED WINE ROUTES
Navarra, Rioja Alta, Cigales, Rueda, Toro and Ribera del Guadiana Wine Route.
From Zamora to Mérida
- Arrival in Zamora, welcome and accommodation at the Parador de Zamora. (We manage transfers from any point in the Spanish geography, airports, bus stations, trains, etc. Just as we have transport to transport bicycles).
- Depending on the time of arrival at the hotel, there will be a guided tour of Zamora in the morning or afternoon.
- Guided tour of the historic center of Zamora.
- Lunch at the Mariano Grill.
- Dinner with Creative Tapas.
- Dessert at the Parador de Zamora with sweet wine and pastries typical of the area.
Zamora - Salamanca (66km)
- Departure from Zamora to Salamanca.
- Arrival in Salamanca, welcome and accommodation at the NH Palacio Castellanos hotel.
- Welcome cocktail.
- Guided tour of the city with stops tasting typical products of the area: ham, cheese, liqueurs and duces.
- Lunch at the Corte y Cata restaurant with demonstration of ham cutting.
- Visit to a Filigree Charra Museum, where each client will be presented with a gift.
- Dinner at the Valencia restaurant with wine pairing from the Salamanca area.
Salamanca - Béjar (72,5 km)
- Breakfast and departure from Salamanca to Béjar.
- Arrival in Béjar, welcome and accommodation at the Hotel Colón Spa.
- Entrance to the Hotel’s Spa center.
- Lunch at the La Cerrallana de Béjar restaurant.
- Tourist visit to Béjar, walk along the Route of the Textile Factories and visit to the oldest round Bullring in Spain.
- Transfer to the town of Candelario and tourist visit to it.
- Dinner at La Candela restaurant in Candelario.
Béjar - Plasencia (55,30km)
- Breakfast and departure from Béjar to Plasencia.
- Arrival in Plasencia, welcome and accommodation at the Parador de Plasencia.
- Lunch at the Parada de la Reina Restaurant.
- Visit to the Viña Placentina winery for organic wine, with tasting and a gift of a bottle of wine.
- Transfer to Plasencia and dinner at the Parador with wine pairing from the Ribera del Guadiana.
- Plasencia night tour.
Plasencia - Casar de Cáceres (70,30 km)
- Breakfast and departure from Plasencia to Casar de Cáceres.
- Arrival at Casar de Cáceres, welcome and accommodation at the Quinta de la Encarnación.
- Lunch at the Casa Claudio Restaurant.
- Guided tour of the Hermitage Route.
- Visit to the Cheese Museum and Doña Francisca Cheese Factory with cheese tasting and marinated with wines from the Ribera del Guadiana Wine Route.
- Visit to the Casa de los Pinotes: Cañada Real interpretation center and bird observatory.
- Dinner at the Majuca restaurant with tasting of homemade food from the area.
Casar de Cáceres - Cáceres (15 km)
- Breakfast and departure to Cáceres.
- Arrival in Cáceres, welcome and accommodation at the NH Collection Cáceres Palacio de Oquendo.
- Lunch at the Torre de Sande restaurant with wine pairing from the Ribera del Guadiana.
- Dramatized Route: “a History of Cinema”.
- Optional: Dramatized Route: “Game of Thrones scenarios” in Cáceres.
- Dinner at La Esencia Extremeña Restaurant based on rations with typical products of the area.
Cáceres - Mérida (76,30 km)
- Breakfast and departure to Mérida.
- Arrival in Mérida, welcome and accommodation at the Hotel Emeritae.
- Lunch at the Rex Numitor Restaurant.
- Guided visit to Mérida: Theater, Amphitheater, National Museum of Roman Art …
- Visit to the Viña Santa Marina winery. Includes guided tour of the vineyard, guided tour of the winery and tasting of 4 wines.
- Visit and circuit to the Roman Baths and Spa in Alange.
- Dinner at La Tahona restaurant with wine pairing from the Ribera del Guadiana with an assortment of typical desserts from the area.
Mérida - Almendralejo (29 km)
- Breakfast and departure to Almendralejo.
- Arrival in Almendralejo, welcome and accommodation at the Acosta Centro hotel.
- Lunch at the Nandos restaurant.
- Horse-drawn carriage ride reliving romanticism and discover a cava cellar of great tradition.
- Wine and chocolate experience at La Lonja 77 with tasting of 3 wines with chocolates.
- Dinner at the hotel with wine pairing from the area.
Almendralejo - Villafranca de los Barros (17km)
- Breakfast and departure to Villafranca de los Barros.
- Arrival at Villafranca de los Barros, welcome and accommodation at the Bodega el Moral hotel.
- Lunch at the Albor D´Eyre Restaurant.
- Guided visit to Villafranca de los Barros.
- Visit to the Pago de las Encomiendas winery, the method of elaboration by gravity and the facilities of the breeding center and biodynamic interpretation will be known. The tasting will end with some snacks based on products from Extremadura.
- Dinner at the hotel marinated with local wines.
Villafranca de los Barros - El Raposo (14 km)
- Breakfast and departure to El Raposo.
- Arrival at El Raposo and accommodation at the El Raposo Spa.
- Transfer to Medina de las Torres and guided tour.
- Transfer to Zafra and lunch at the Restaurant of the Parador de Zafra.
- Transfer to El Raposo and guided visit to Bodegas Romero, visiting an organic vineyard with tasting of various wines in a ceramic jar accompanied by an aperitif.
- Experience of water and wine at the El Raposo Spa. Purple grape bath hydrotherapy 20 minutes + wine tasting while enjoying the bath.
- Farewell dinner at the Spa restaurant accompanied by wines from the Ribera del Guadiana and finished with a Cava from the area.
Everything that is included in the program
- Full board in the selected hotels.
- Transportation of luggage from hotel to hotel.
- Travel insurance.
- Route book of the itinerary with tracks of the route.
- Roadside assistance phone.
- Official guides on visits.
- Entrance fees to the mentioned monuments.
- Accompanying guide for groups.
- Gift for children under 12.
- A bicycle will be raffled among our clients at the end of the year.
Optional: If you send us a photo of the Experiences, we will put them on the Blog and at the end of the month we will raffle a prize for the most beautiful photo.
- Bike rental.
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO BOOK THE ENTIRE ROUTE, WE QUOTE THE DAYS THAT THE CLIENT WANTS. EITHER 1,2,3 Days … etc